Sunday, March 31, 2024

Eight Modern Haiku by Jennifer Gurney

gazing at the moon
in perfect balance
between Earth and sky


I still can't believe
you are gone-
each day I let go anew


books 
at my bedside-
a lengthy queue


my next tattoo 
will be over my heart -
Picasso's dove


shining stars
dancing in the moonlight
against the night sky


my mom’s handwriting
brings memories to light of
words unspoken


green to yellow 
to red to ground-
the life of a leaf


when my reach 
outstretches my grasp-
I touch possibility


© Jennifer Gurney
Broomfield, Colorado, US
jennifer.gurney@bvsd.org


Jennifer Gurney lives in Colorado where she teaches, paints, writes and hikes. Her poetry has appeared in a variety of journals, including Micropoetry Cosmos Blog, The Ravens Perch, HaikUniverse, Haiku Corner, Cold Moon Journal, Scarlet Dragonfly and The Haiku Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Three Micropoems by Dr. Vineet Kashyap Tripathi

Futile Love  what's love that knows no pain maybe flooded in blood life ends in vain. □ Peace If you  fall in love, you rise  as a dove!...