Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Six Micropems by Jatinder Aulakh

Wave
Don't say me 
goodbye!
I am ocean 
and 
you are a wave,
You will have to 
come back
In my arms!

Mirror
They Said that we don't
Want to see your face.
I replied, "I have no face,
I am a mirror". 

Newspaper
Reading the newspaper 
in the morning
And waiting for a cup of coffee
Is like exploring the world at home.

Light
Demon of past
Forced me to slavery
Of unfavorable and 
Unpleasant concerns.
A prodigious light
Came upon me
To unchained my spirit.
I am unconstrained now.

A Sage in Contemplation
A Banyan tree standing quite
Wind blows and leaves play music
Birds come to spend the night.
I can't understand his dialect.
I can just watch
A sage in deep contemplation
From ancient ages.

Restive Souls
I am laying
in the open courtyard 
looking at the flying clouds,
In dim light
A flying bird appeared on the sky, 
Suffocated night 
And some loafing
Restive souls.
© Jatinder Aulakh
Amritsar, Punjab, India 
Mobile- 9815534653
poetaulakh@gmail.com

Poet Jatinder Aulakh was born in 'Kohali' a small village of Indian province Punjab situated near India-Pakistan border. He has been editor of Hindi and Punjabi literary journal 'Meghla'. His articles and poetry have been published in leading newspapers and magazines. Jatinder Aulakh has been a columnist in several newspapers. By profession, he is a Homeopathic Doctor and his research work about archaeological sites has been well recognized. Nowadays he is literary editor of 'Punjabi Writer Weekly' New York based newspaper and publishing works of the writers from all around the world.

1 comment:

Three Micropoems by Dr. Vineet Kashyap Tripathi

Futile Love  what's love that knows no pain maybe flooded in blood life ends in vain. □ Peace If you  fall in love, you rise  as a dove!...