Friday, August 6, 2021

Micropoems by Gigi Mejri

Ode to My Bag
On my shoulders
I carried you 
For so long
bitter-sweet burden 
Holder of knowledge 
tracing my destiny
I owe you my identity
You owe me an apology 
Oh, bag! 
you deserve a eulogy!
Spring
Oh, Spring! I heard you said
Wake up beauty, winter is dead
Are you celebrating winter's last breath?
Yes, my arrival is awaited rebirth
It's nature awakening and wedding
All in colourful dress, 
God bless!
If Not Me
Without thinking twice a snail 
I would be 
carrying my house on my back, 
carefree
Walking slowly at my own pace 
Challenging time of haste and technology!
Tinge
When our eyes meet 
I detect a tinge 
Telling whether you are
Sad or glad
And tinged become my word
According to your world!
© Gigi Mejri 
Tunisia 


About Gigi Mejri 
Gigi Mejri is a Tunisian teacher of English. Holder of a University degree in English literature & Civilization. Publisher of two collections of poetry: "The Beautiful Silence" and "Sounds", both available on Amazon. Passionate of reading & short story writing. Published in anthologies & E-magazines, was awarded many prizes.

3 comments:

  1. Precious short poems, dear friend.
    I especially love the one dedicated to your bag, and the snail.
    Thanks for sharing this pearls.
    Stay blessed ✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious lyrical pearls, Gigi.
    My favourites: the one dedicated to your bag, and the snail.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Stay blessed, dear friend.
    ✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious short poems, dear friend.
    I especially love the one dedicated to your bag, and the snail.
    Thanks for sharing this pearls.
    Stay blessed ✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete

Three Micropoems by Dr. Vineet Kashyap Tripathi

Futile Love  what's love that knows no pain maybe flooded in blood life ends in vain. □ Peace If you  fall in love, you rise  as a dove!...