Friday, February 11, 2022

Four Micropoems on Love by Madelyn Fernandez Marcelino

HEART 
Your magnanimous heart
When I’m bereft
And slouching
Comes
Depite
Distance and time
To open the door
To lift the weight of my story.
□ 
KNOWING THAT 
My Love,
You are the Moon
That highlights my shadow.
Even the stars
Fade away
When you appear
Knowing that
I belong
To you.
LIKE FLAME 
Love charging
Eyes shut defeating tears
I wrestled with Cupid
But
Irresistible, his almond eyes
I weakened and died
Like flame
In the whirlwind.
□ 
LOVE'S AGONY 
You told me once
You see Paradise
In my eyes.
I say,
Eden is a state
of our heart
And Love’s agony
Is real.
© Madelyn Fernandez Marcelino
Iloilo, Phillipines 

Madelyn Nobleza Fernandez—Marcelino hails from Latagan, Del Pilar,   Barotac Viejo, Iloilo, Philippines. She graduated with  a degree in Bachelor  of  Arts major in English,  minor in Social  Science from the  West Visayas State College (now WVSU)  in  La  Paz, Iloilo City.  She obtained a Diploma in  Teaching  English   from   La Consolacion  University  Philippines-Malolos (LCUP).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Three Micropoems by Dr. Vineet Kashyap Tripathi

Futile Love  what's love that knows no pain maybe flooded in blood life ends in vain. □ Peace If you  fall in love, you rise  as a dove!...